The DLML Centre International de Silviculture Collection (CIS) was featured in the July 19, 2013 issue of Unasylva.
The CIS was established in Berlin, Germany in 1938. One of its main tasks was to establish an exhaustive international collection of documentation related to forests, forestry, and the timber industry. By the time it ceased operations in 1948, the CIS had accumulated a vast library of more than 15,000 books, some of them rare editions dating back to the 1600s.
After the CIS was disbanded in 1945, its holdings were transferred to the David Lubin Memorial Library, FAO, which maintains custody of the collection today.